Saturday, March 12, 2011

Home Power Saver Six Month Birthday!

Home Power Saver has just reached a milestone - six months in existence.

After six months, I want to say thank you to all of the readers who have subscribed to the RSS feed, or simply check in on occasion to see what is new.  I've seen readership (subscriptions and page views per day) slowly and steadily increase in five of the six months, with February reaching an all-time high.

A lot has happened in six months.  My family has grown, gas and oil prices have jumped, and we've just been through a crazy winter that most climatologists expect to become the norm in future years (i.e. you may want to plan for wild fluctuations in weather and add some insulation to your home).

This site is a hobby for me.  I love sharing information and what I've learned about saving water, power, and gas.  In these times where the economy is still shaky and there are few safe investments, it is nice to know that there are simple ways to save money and get a return on investment in your own home or car.  That is the number one goal of this site - to reveal cost effective ways to save money while saving energy.

Looking ahead, I'm also happy to say that I have a lot of interesting ideas and plans.  Expect to see continuing articles on sealing and insulating your home, everything a home owner should know about air conditioning efficiency, and we'll be taking on many energy myths.  And of course, expect to see more reviews of products claiming to save energy or water.

No comments:

Post a Comment